Special Free Access for A-Team Members:
Insider's Legislative Conference Call with Ann Sullivan - 2pm EDT, May 4, 2017
Legislative Fly-In Event on Capitol Hill - 9am-5pm, June 21, 2017
Insider's Legislative Conference Call with Ann Sullivan - 2pm EDT, August 3, 2017
The HUBZone Advocacy Team (A-Team) is comprised of a select group of companies and individuals who provide support for the Council's legislative and policy advocacy program.
This is a unique opportunity for HUBZone firms of all sizes to gain access to policy makers and influence current and future issues that directly impact their bottom lines and the economic development impact their firms have on their local communities.
Given the current political realities in Washington, the Council's Board of Directors has determined that a team of experienced lobbying consultants, with a proven track record of success on small business issues, is needed to achieve the Council's policy goals:
- enhance the Council's influence within Congress and federal agencies
- expand business opportunities for HUBZone-certified businesses
- develop support within coalitions to achieve common goals
- advocate for legislative changes to modernize and improve the HUBZone Program
- contribute to the development of America's most economically-challenged communities by creating jobs
The Board has contracted with Madison Services Group, Inc. to lead the Council's legislative and policy program. MSGI has demonstrated an impressive record of success for its small business clients, maintains excellent relationships with law makers, legislative staff, and other key federal contacts, and has earned well-deserved credit for influencing a number of small business policy issues and programs. With MSGI, the HUBZone Council has a respected and influential 'seat at the table' on a wide range of issues.
The cost of professional advocacy support is not currently covered by the Council's operating budget,
so the HUBZone Advocacy Team has been formed to help fund this initiative. Team members provide financial support for the program and receive a number of special A-Team benefits:
- recognition as an A-Team member on the Council's website
- recognition as an A-Team member at the National HUBZone Conference
- exclusive updates on small business and HUBZone-related legislative and policy issues
- periodic insider issue presentations via conference call
- complimentary registration(s) to the Legislative Fly-In Event on Capitol Hill, DC (June 21, 2017)
- one free registration for Individual Supporters
- two free registrations for Bronze & Silver Corporate Members
- three free registrations for Gold & Platinum Corporate Members
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED - SPACE IS LIMITED.
- direct access to advocacy professionals regarding individual corporate issues (Gold & Platinum levels)
A-Team members choose the level of support that best fits their financial resources. Team dues are not considered political contributions. A-Team membership fees are separate from HUBZone Council membership dues and are not tax-deductible, except as a regular business expense in accordance with IRS rules.
Unlike Council membership, which is company-based, A-Team membership is on a corporate or individual basis, allowing multiple professionals within a company to join.
If the HUBZone Program has benefited your company and community, this is an excellent way to give back and help others find success in the program to help more communities grow and generate jobs.
HUBZONE ADVOCACY TEAM
Annual Contribution Levels
Bronze: $500 Silver: $1,000 Gold: $2,500 Platinum: $5,000
The Gold and Platinum Levels provides special access to professional advocacy staff
regarding specific issues impacting your company.
Join the Advocacy Team
Questions about the HUBZone Advocacy Team can be directed to Council staff.
Advocacy Team Members
|----------------------------- CORPORATE MEMBERS -----------------------------
|Contemporary Graphic Solutions
Tim Moreton *
Robert Sage *
Dennis DuFour *
Makinna Lane *
Sheila Coe *
Kenneth Fried *
SHINE Systems & Technologies
Bryan Davis *
|Clean Rental Services
Level 5 Consulting
Steven Gunsior *
M Davis & Company
Morris Davis *
Syntelligent Analytic Solutions
IAP World Svcs
H. Michael Ziman
Global Commerce & Information
|* 2017 Member